Contact Disability Insurance and Paid Family Leave
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about our website, department, your personal information, or other information related to your claim, there are several ways to contact us.
Important: For questions about your Disability Insurance (DI) claim, use SDI Online. For questions about Paid Family Leave (PFL), use Ask EDD.
SDI Online is the fastest way to file and get information about your DI claim. Using SDI Online, you can ask confidential questions and receive direct responses. From your home page:
- Select the Claim ID of your current claim.
- Select Request Claim Update in the Claim Information section.
- Choose a Request Type from the dropdown menu and select Next.
- Add your specific question to your claim.
To ask a question about PFL, visit Ask EDD.
- Select the category Paid Family Leave.
- Select the sub-category Miscellaneous Inquiry.
- Select the topic Other (Questions).
For some topics, Ask EDD is a secure way to send your question or request online to the EDD. Look for “(Ask EDD)” at the end of your topic of choice, which indicates you can submit a message with your specific question or issue. To help us answer your question, please include as much information as possible on the electronic forms. All of your information will be maintained in a fully secure environment.
Note: Google Translate™ is not available within Ask EDD. For more information, please visit Google Translate™ Information.
For a list of office locations, visit State Disability Insurance (SDI) Office Locations.
Contact us by phone using our Statewide Toll-Free Numbers or our automated phone systems:
- Disability Insurance (DI) Automated Phone Information System
- Paid Family Leave (PFL) Automated Phone Information System
- Employer/Physician-Practitioner Automated Phone Information System
- California State Government Employees Automated Phone Information System
For technical help with Benefit Programs Online registration, contact the EDD to speak to a representative by calling:
Last Revised: 04/01/2022