If you are an established employer or starting your first business, use these resources for helpful information.
Important: As of January 1, 2020, workers are considered employees unless proven otherwise. Visit AB 5 – Employment Status to learn how this law impacts you.
Claimants and employers must understand their responsibilities to make sure information is reported accurately and the correct benefits are paid. Committing fraud has serious consequences. Learn more on Help Fight Fraud.
- Taxpayer Advocate
- Benefit Determination Guide
- Department of Child Support Services-New Hire Reporting
- Household Employer’s Guide (DE 8829) (PDF)
- How to Report a Job Refusal Using Ask EDD (YouTube)
- State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) for Unemployment Insurance(YouTube) English | Korean
- How to Respond to SIDES Requests for Eligibility Information(YouTube) English | Korean
- How to Protect Your Business from Higher Unemployment Insurance (UI) Taxes(YouTube) English | Korean
Last Revised: 06/20/2022