EDDNext: Improving Your Experience
Welcome to EDDNext, a multi-year modernization effort to completely transform the EDD customer and employee experience. We’re updating online applications, contact centers, the claims process, policies, procedures, and forms, to make your experience easier and faster.
Latest EDDNext Updates
- Podcast: Ron Hughes, EDD Deputy Director shares what's next for EDD with Capitol Weekly (EDD segment begins at 11:38)
- Amazon Web Services Collaborates with the EDD to Improve Customers Service for Californians
- Unemployment Applications Available in UI Online in Chinese and Vietnamese
- Meet the EDDNext Deputy Director
- California Joins Governments and Businesses Across the Nation to Further Elevate Customer Service
- Disability Insurance Text Message Claim Updates
What to Expect
- Secure and easier online application that makes it easier to claim benefits.
- Easy-to-understand notices and forms.
- Automation and self-service opportunities.
- Modern contact center to make it easier for you to reach us.
- Multilingual materials to help all Californians.
Our Progress So Far
- We established a Customer Experience Program.
- We are partnering with the vendor community to develop modern solutions.
- We implemented myEDD, an easier and more secure login process for all benefit programs. It replaces Benefit Programs Online (BPO).
- Our systems will support additional languages.
- An improved identity verification process.
- Enhanced contact center operations.
- Improve Your Experience: giving you better customer service so it’s easier for you to use our programs.
- Integrate Systems: deliver flexible and scalable systems to meet the challenges of an evolving economy.
- Provide Equal Access: get access to all our services built with you in mind.
- Offer Self-Service Options: get the services you need easily and quickly.
- More Fraud Protection: continue to protect your identity and personal information.
Vendor and Career Opportunities
Vendor Opportunities: Winter 2023
- Modernize our current scanning and data capture, and create new document storage solutions.
- Remodel our contact center and give our call agents tools to better serve our customers.
Vendor Opportunities: Spring 2024
- Advance our fraud prevention and identity-proofing services.
- Implement a modern and integrated claims management system that changes how we deliver benefits to our customers.