Options to File for Disability Insurance Benefits
Disability Insurance (DI) provides short-term, partial wage replacement benefits to eligible workers who have a loss of wages when they are unable to work due to a non-work-related illness, injury, or pregnancy.
If you think you are eligible to file a claim, review each claim type and choose the right one for you.
File through SDI Online
The fastest and easiest way to file a DI claim is online through SDI Online.
SDI Online Benefits
- File online to reduce your claim processing time.
- Access your information 24 hours a day.
- View your DI claim status.
- Check for messages from the EDD.
- View and submit available forms to continue your claim.
- View forms you submitted and their receipt numbers.
- View your payment history.
- View your benefit details.
- Send messages and questions about your claim.
- Manage or update your personal information.
- Address (residence and/or mailing)
- Communication method (email, US mail)
- Phone number
- Feel confident with online security safeguards.