EDDNext: Improving Your Experience
Welcome to EDDNext, a multi-year modernization project to completely transform your EDD experience. We’re updating everything, including online applications, call centers, the claims process, and policies, procedures, and forms, to make your experience easier and faster.
Update: On June 26, we launched the new myEDD experience, replacing Benefit Programs Online (BPO) for accessing unemployment, disability, Paid Family Leave, and benefit overpayments services. This is the first step in the Department’s modernization effort that will feature updated, technology, policies and procedures informed and influenced by customer and stakeholder input to improve the customer experience.
What to Expect
- Secure and easier online application that makes it easier to claim benefits.
- Easy-to-understand notices and forms.
- Automation and self-service opportunities.
- Modern contact center to make it easier for you to reach us.
- Multilingual materials to help all Californians.
Our Progress So Far
- We have established a Customer Experience Program.
- We are partnering with the vendor community to develop modern solutions.
- We have designed an easier and more secure login process for all benefit programs.
- Our systems will support additional languages.
- An improved identity verification process.
- Enhanced call center operations.
- Improve Your Experience: giving you better customer service so it’s easier for you to use our programs.
- Integrate Systems: deliver flexible and scalable systems to meet the challenges of an evolving economy.
- Provide Equal Access: get access to all of our services built with you in mind.
- Offer Self-Service Options: get the services you need easily and quickly.
- More Fraud Protection: continue to protect your identity and personal information.
Vendor and Career Opportunities
Work with Us
The following opportunities are available to the vendor community in support of this project's goals, along with the latest developments.
- RFI for Integrated Claims Management System
- RFP for Independent Verification and Validation (IV and V Services)
- EDDNext Transformation Office Services
- RFP for Document Management System (DMS)
EDD Career Opportunities
Summer or Fall 2023
- Modernize our current scanning and data capture, and create new document storage solutions.
- Remodel our contact center and give our call agents tools to better serve our customers.
Fall 2023 or Spring 2024
- Advance our fraud prevention and identity-proofing services.
- Implement a modern and integrated claims management system that changes how we deliver benefits to our customers.