Enroll as an Employer in e-Services for Business
e-Services for Business is your fast, easy, and secure way to manage your employer payroll tax accounts online. Follow the steps below to get online access to your employer payroll tax account.
1. Create a Username and Password
Refer to the e-Services for Business tutorial: Enroll for a Username and Password to Use Employer Services Online (YouTube) or follow these instructions:
- Select the Enroll link at the top of the e-Services for Business page.
- Enter the required information and select Continue.
- Select the verification link in the email sent from the EDD to complete the enrollment process.
Important: If you do not verify your email address within 24 hours, you will need to restart the enrollment process.
2. Log in to e-Services for Business
If you need to register for an employer payroll tax account number:
- Select New Employer then select Next.
- Select the Click here to register for Employer Payroll Tax Account Number link.
- Complete the online registration application. For a complete list of required documents needed to complete registration, visit Am I Required to Register as an Employer?
- Select Submit.
If you already have an employer payroll tax account number:
Refer to the e-Services for Business tutorial: Enroll as an Employer in e-Services for Business (YouTube) or follow these instructions:
- Select Existing Employer then select Next.
- Review the information on the screen, then select Next.
- Select Yes on the Enrollment Type - Employer screen, then select Next.
- Complete the required fields. Be prepared to enter your employer payroll tax account number and provide one of the following:
- Total Subject Wages Reported – from one of the last three filed Quarterly Contribution Return and Report of Wages (Continuation) (DE 9C).
- Reserve Account Balance – from the most recent Notice of Contribution Rates and Statement of UI Reserve Account (DE 2088).
- Payment Amount – one of the last five payments received by the EDD.
Note: If you have never filed a return or made a payment, you will have the option to select New Employer.
- Review the information, then select Next.
- Review the enrollment request, then select Submit.
- To access your account, select Ok in the confirmation box.*
*Your request may take up to one business day to process. To view the status, log in to e-Services for Business.
If you have any questions, please contact us.