If you are facing a layoff, review the following services:
- WARN (Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act)
Requires certain employers to give affected employees at least 60 days written advance notice of any plant closing or mass layoff.
- Rapid Response
Assistance is available for both employers and employees transitioning through downsizing or plant closures. Contact your local America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM (AJCC), formerly known as One-Stop Career Centers, for more information.
- Work Sharing – Alternative to Layoff
As a temporary alternative to layoffs, this program allows employers to keep their employees when their hours and wages are reduced. When business conditions improve, you can quickly recover without the expense of recruiting, hiring, and training new employees.
For More Information
- WARN FAQs
- Work Sharing Information for Employees FAQs
- Work Sharing Information for Employers FAQs
- Work Sharing Employer Requirements and Criteria (DE 8686RQ) (PDF)
- Work Sharing Application (DE 8686) (PDF)
- Work Sharing Unemployment Insurance Program Fact Sheet (DE 8714BB) (PDF)
- Layoff Alternatives
- Unemployment Insurance An Alternative to Layoffs: Work Sharing (DE 2329) (PDF)
Use our Office Locator to find an AJCC across California and other EDD programs and services.
Last Revised: 04/12/2021