Training Resources for Job Seekers
Are you looking for new skills? Do you need training? Find out about no-fee employment and training services available throughout the state.
- What Kind of Training Do You Need?
- Where to Get Training
- Are There Special Programs to Help Me?
- Where to Get Help
- Additional Training and Education Opportunities
Do You Need Training?
- Learn what occupations are growing in demand, which ones offer better pay, or have the most openings. Find out how Labor Market Information can help you prepare for your future.
- Explore Employment Projections by occupations for jobs that will be in high demand in the future so you can plan your training.
- Not sure what kind of training you need? Contact your nearest America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM (AJCC) for a no cost skills assessment.
Where to Get Training
- Find Training Providers in California - The California Eligible Training Provider List is the most comprehensive and only statewide source that lists qualified training providers, including locations, fees, programs, occupations, and apprenticeship programs. Your local AJCC can help you identify potential sources for training such as:
- Basic Training – Obtain a GED or strengthen your basic math, English, or reading skills.
- Vocational Training – Become trained in skills in that are needed for jobs in demand today.
- On-the-Job Training – Become trained by a local employer in skills needed for a particular job through on-the-job training programs or apprenticeship opportunities.
- If you are receiving or have exhausted your Unemployment Insurance benefits, you may be eligible for Employment Training Panel’s no fee training. Find out if you qualify for job training opportunities.
- Your local AJCC offers workshops on interview skills, applying for financial aid, job search techniques, and writing a résumé. Topics vary based on location. Contact your local AJCC for details.
Are There Special Programs to Help Me?
- If you are out of work, need job training, or need to brush up on your skills, the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program may help you. The WIOA funds a variety of employment and training programs for youth and adults in various levels of services depending on needs and eligibility. Services are offered in AJCCs throughout the state.
- Collecting Unemployment Insurance benefits? Find out how the California Training Benefits program allows qualified individuals to continue to receive Unemployment Insurance benefits while in approved training.
- Trade Adjustment Assistance Act - Assists workers who have lost their job or have reduced hours due to increased imports.
Where to Get Help
- Contact your local AJCC for referrals to training, as well as other employment-related services.
Additional Training and Education Opportunities
Last Revised: 03/04/2022