Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
The federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) strengthens and improves our nation's public workforce system. It helps job seekers, including youth and those with significant barriers to employment, prepare for the labor market and find high-quality jobs and careers. It also helps match employers with the skilled workers needed to compete in the economy.
Benefits of WIOA
Through a network of America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM (AJCC) locations, WIOA offers a range of workforce development activities and employment services within local communities that benefits job seekers, employers, and youth. They provide employment, education, training, and support services to succeed in the labor market or hire qualified candidates. The following services are available:
- Advice, guidance, and assistance with career planning.
- Job search, placement assistance, and access to labor market employment statistics.
- Opportunity to upgrade skills through education and training.
- Job seekers trained to meet employers’ local labor needs.
- Training and education for existing, full-time employees to upgrade skills.
- Layoff aversion and rapid response employment and training services for dislocated workers.
- Assistance with completion of a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Leadership development opportunities, including paid or unpaid work experience.
- Potential for higher wages and increased self-sufficiency as aresult of education and training.
WIOA Guidance, Policy, and Notices
- US Department of Labor Training Employment Guidance Letters
- US Department of Labor Training Employment Notices
- EDD Workforce Services Directives
- EDD Workforce Services Information Notices
- WIOA FAQs
- US Department of Labor Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act – Information and resources to assist with implementation of the Act.
- Workforce GPS – Technical assistance to help build the capacity of America's public workforce investment system.