Apply and Manage Your Claim Online
Want to file for unemployment online? Use UI Online—the fastest and most convenient way to apply for unemployment and manage your claim online. You can access UI Online through a desktop or mobile device.
To register for UI Online, follow these steps:
Create a myEDD Account
Before you can use UI Online, you must first create a myEDD account.
Important: Once you submit your registration, you are not done yet. You will receive an automated email to confirm your account, which includes a link. Select this link to complete your registration. For security purposes, the link will expire within 48 hours.
If you don’t get this message in your inbox, check your spam or junk mail folder.
Register for UI Online
To create your UI Online account, you must be logged in to myEDD. Once you are logged in, select UI Online and provide the following information:
- First and last name as it appears on your claim
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- EDD Customer Account Number
Important: Your EDD Customer Account Number is automatically mailed to new customers within 10 days of filing a claim. If you have lost your EDD Customer Account Number, call us at 1-800-300-5616 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Pacific time), Monday through Friday, except on state holidays.
How to Use UI Online
Now that you have your myEDD and UI Online accounts set up, you can use UI Online to:
- File a claim.
- Reopen a claim.
- Certify for benefits and report work and wages.
- Monitor the status of eligibility issues.
- Get your latest claim and payment information.
- Change your address and phone number.
- Verify your identity.
- Receive notifications including reminders to certify for benefits.
- View in-person and phone appointments.
- Reschedule a phone interview.
- View, print, or request a copy of your tax information from the past five years.
- Check your UI Online inbox for important messages.
- Ask a question.
Know When to Apply
You can apply through UI Online during the times (Pacific time) listed below:
|Days of the Week
|5 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
|4 a.m. – 10 p.m.
|Tuesday – Friday
|2 a.m. – 10 p.m.
|2 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Need Technical Assistance?
For more information on UI Online, use these helpful resources, including video tutorials and FAQs.
- UI Online Videos
- Everything You Need to Know About UI Online (FAQs)
- How to Set Up a UI Online Account (DE 2338H) (PDF)
- UI Online User Guide (DE 2338G) (PDF)
- UI Online Poster (DE 2338P) (PDF)
UI Online Help
Once you are logged in to UI Online, you can select the question mark (?) icon or choose the Help link in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Technical Support for UI Online Account
If you need help with account setup or login issues, call 1-833-978-2511 and select option 1 after the introductory messaging. The phone line is available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Pacific time), Monday through Friday, except on state holidays.
Note: Monday morning before 10 a.m. is our busiest call time, so we recommend calling at other times.
Protect the Security of Your Account
Never share confidential information such as your password or Social Security number with anyone. If your account has been compromised, Contact UI.
Browser Compatibility and Pop-up Blockers
For the best experience, use the latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer. Additionally, you must disable pop-up blockers to access features of UI Online.