Text Alerts for Unemployment Claims
To better serve our customers, the EDD offers an SMS text notification option for people to receive updates about their unemployment insurance claim.
With this service, you’ll receive a text alert when:
- Your claim is processed in our systems.
- Your first benefit payment is issued on your claim.
- We need to verify your identity.
- Your identity is successfully verified.
- You ran out of all available benefits and we filed an extension on your claim.
- You need to retroactively certify for benefits.
- You need to provide a self-certification for Lost Wages Assistance.
- Your claim has expired and you will need to file a new claim.
Text alerts are sent from 510-74 or 918-06 to the phone number you included on your unemployment claim. This service cannot respond to any messages you send. If you need technical support or help with your claim, Contact Us.
Terms and Conditions
There is no cost to use this service, but standard carrier fees for text messaging may apply. Please check with your wireless carrier if you aren’t sure what fees apply to you.
The maximum number of alerts is six messages per month. If you want to opt out of receiving text alerts from the EDD, reply “stop.” To opt back in, text “unstop.” You can also reply “help” for more information.
Compatible carriers include: Associated Carrier Group (ACG), AT&T, Boost, ClearSky, Google Voice, Interop, Metro PCS, Peerless Network, Sprint, T-Mobile®, Truphone Limited, U.S. Cellular, Verizon Wireless, and Virgin Mobile. Message and data rates may apply.
Alerts sent via text may not be delivered if the mobile phone is not in range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of the wireless carrier may interfere with message delivery, including the customer’s equipment and proximity to buildings, terrain, foliage, and weather. The wireless carrier does not guarantee that alerts will be delivered and will not be liable for delayed or undelivered messages.