File and Pay Options
Use e-Services for Business, Express Pay, or other electronic file and pay options to comply with the e-file and e-pay mandate for employers.
File tax returns and wage reports, make payments, update your employer payroll tax account, and more! Visit e-Services for Business for information on features, benefits and access to additional resources.
Make a payroll tax payment. No enrollment is necessary to use this service.
You can also use the following options:
- Federal/State Employment Taxes (FSET) – Bulk Transmissions
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- State Data Collector
- Automated Clearing House (ACH) Credit
- Credit Card and PayNearMe – Pay with credit card or from a PayNearMe location. Subject to a transaction fee.
Tax returns, wage reports, and payroll tax deposit coupons are no longer available without an approved e-file and e-pay mandate waiver. You must submit these forms electronically. If you have an approved waiver, you will automatically receive payment coupons and tax forms in the mail.
Note: You will be penalized if you submit paper forms and deposits without an approved waiver.
For More Information
e-Services for Business
- Check Required Filings and Due Dates
- Find Payroll Tax Seminars
- Visit Employer News and Updates
- Get EDD email notices
- Get Forms and Publications
If you have questions, Contact Payroll Taxes. You can also contact the Taxpayer Assistance Center at 1-888-745-3886 or visit your local Employment Tax Office.