Learn about the Wagner-Peyser Act (WPA) and how it serves to improve and support the nation's labor market by bringing together people seeking employment with employers seeking workers.
Our Employment Services program, established by the WPA, provides labor exchange services at America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM (AJCC) locations statewide and online for all jobseekers and employers.
The WPA provides the foundation for the WSB and other federal, state, and local workforce development partners to offer services through the AJCC.
The AJCC offers a variety of job and training services that bring employers with job openings and qualified job seekers together. You can access their self-services or get help from their staff. The AJCC helps workers, job seekers, and businesses find the services they need at any of the job centers. The AJCC serves California’s 900,000 employers and more than a million job seekers each year.
The AJCC also provides employers with:
- Re-employment services for dislocated workers.
- Labor market information for planning business expansion, relocation, and future hiring.
- Focused recruitment for new business ventures or facilities needing a large number of specialized workers in a hurry.
- Locally coordinated workforce preparation services.
The AJCC also provides job seekers with:
- Job search training workshops to get the skills needed to find and keep a job.
- Referral to partner agencies that provide other employment-related services including training.
We provide California’s employers with a variety of services to meet their workforce needs. Through the online labor exchange system CalJOBS, we offer a statewide network that connects employers with qualified job seekers throughout California.
Find Jobs and Training for You
Access Employment Services
America’s Job Center of California (AJCC) connects employers with job openings and qualified job seekers together at no cost.
CalJOBS is the State of California’s online job search system. Create an account, log in and find a variety of online services offered for both employers and job seekers.
Can’t find what you are looking for? View these resources for more information.
- Job Fairs and Workshops
- Training and Education Opportunities
- Forms and Publications
- Contact Workforce Services