Reporting Your Wages or Work Status for Paid Family Leave

You will report any wages on your first claim form when you file your PFL claim. You may include all income in the list below that you have actually received during the last 18 months that falls within your base period. Do not include any income you expect to be paid after your claim start date on your initial claim form.

Once you are eligible and receiving benefit payments, you must report any income you received, even though they may not always affect your benefits. You must also report if you have returned to work. If you don’t, it could result in an overpayment, penalties, and a false statement disqualification.

Wages to Report

While you are receiving Paid Family Leave (PFL) benefits, you must report the following wages to us:

  • Sick leave pay
  • Paid time off
  • Self-employment income
  • Military pay
  • Commissions
  • All wages, including modified duty wages
  • Residuals
  • Part-time work income
  • Bonuses
  • Workers’ compensation benefits
  • Insurance settlements
  • Holiday pay

Your benefits may be reduced if you have a:

  • Benefit Overpayment for a previous Unemployment Insurance (UI), PFL, or Disability Insurance (DI) claim.
  • Late court-ordered child or spousal support payments due.

How to Report Wages or Work Status During Your Claim

During your claim, if you receive any of the forms listed below, you must complete and return them to us online or by mail to avoid possible overpayments, penalties, false statement disqualifications, or a stop to your benefit payments.

You may report wages or that you’ve returned to work on the follow forms:

Continued Claim Certification for Paid Family Leave Benefits (DE 2580GF) 

If you reported intermittent leave or continued work on your claim form, you will receive the Continued Claim Certification for Paid Family Leave Benefits (DE 2580GF) to certify to the days you have worked during your claim. Your benefits will stop if you do not return the DE 2580GF to us in the mail.

Care Claims

Notice of Final Payment (DE 2525XF) 

This will be issued when your PFL claim indicates that you are now ready to return to work. With your final payment, you will receive a Paid Family Leave (PFL) Supplemental Claim Certification (DE 2525XFA) enclosed with the DE 2525XF.

If you still have benefits available and need to continue providing care for a family member, select the box that applies to your claim on the PFL Claimant’s Certification section of the DE 2525XFA. You must have the care recipient’s licensed health professional also complete the Physician’s Supplementary Certificate section of the DE 2525XFA and return it to us.

If you misplaced the DE 2525XFA, request the form using AskEDD or by calling 1-877-238-4373.

Bonding Claims

If you wish to extend your bonding claim, submit a Request to Re-establish a Bonding Claim for Paid Family Leave (DE 2504REJ) or a new Claim for Paid Family Leave (PFL) Benefits (DE 2501F). Another option is to extend your claim through a verbal certification by calling 1-877-238-4373 if you have not returned to work or had a break in certification from your current bonding period.

Important: If you use less that the full eight weeks of benefits for care, bonding, or military assist, and return back to work full time, then want to restart your claim a few weeks or months later to use your remaining weeks, you must file a brand new claim using the Claim for Paid Family Leave (PFL) Benefits (DE 2501F).

To submit any of the forms stated above by mail, complete the form and mail to us using the self-addressed envelope provided.

If you are eligible for benefits, allow 10 business days to process your payment after we receive the form.

Find DI and PFL Information for You

Register for myEDD

Creating an account is an important step in this process. With myEDD, you can apply for Disability Insurance and manage your claim in SDI Online.

Additional Resources

Can’t find what you are looking for? View these DI and PFL resources for more information.