How to Report School or Training

You can report school or training when you file or reopen a claim, or when you certify for benefits by reporting it on the Continued Claim Form (DE 4581).

Note: Report your school or training the week you begin attending.

The following table shows you how to report each type of school or training.

Type of School or Training How to Report

California Training Benefits:

  • California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
  • Journey Level Union Members Training
  • Journey Level Trade Association Member (JLTAM) Training
  • Employer Sponsored Training
  • Employment Training Panel (ETP)
  • Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL)
  • Self-Arranged Training
  • Single Credential Training for Teachers
  • Any other school or training program

Use one of the following methods:

Note: If you use UI Online, you may be asked questions to help us determine your eligibility, and to avoid unnecessary phone interviews.

State Approved Training:

  • Apprenticeship training
  • Union journey level training
  • Non-union journey level training

Using one of the following methods:

Note: You are no longer required to submit your certificate of completion.

Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)

Your America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM Career Planner will fax a Training Enrollment Verification (DE 3422D) form to us.

Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA)

Your America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM TAA Specialist will email a Training Enrollment Verification (DE 3422TAA) form and fax a training contract to us.