Certify for Benefits by Phone
Are you ready to certify for benefits? Use EDD Tele-Cert to certify for your unemployment benefits by phone. EDD Tele-Cert provides:
- Automated service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Certification for available weeks with one phone call.
- Easier processing than certifying by mail so you can receive your benefits faster.
Avoid mail delays and postage costs with EDD Tele-Cert.
Steps to Follow
Call the UI Automated Line at 1-866-333-4606 and select Menu Option 1. You will be prompted to create a four digit PIN to continue using Tele-Cert. Save this for your records.
- Enter your PIN.
- Listen to the instructions and certification questions.
- Provide your answers using the keypad or touch screen on your phone.
- Confirm your answers are correct and save your confirmation number.
Important: If you give false or incomplete information, you may be disqualified and receive penalties.
Avoid Payment Delays
If you have already certified for weeks using EDD Tele-Cert, do not mail a paper form for those same weeks. If you make an error, Contact us as soon as possible.
Some Restrictions May Apply
EDD Tele-Cert has some system limitations.
- If you need to report work and wages, change of address, or phone number, you will need to certify for benefits with UI Online or mail the paper Continued Claim form (DE 4581) (PDF).
- If you are participating in Work Sharing or have a Partial Claim, you can only certify by mail using the forms provided by your employer.
Make the Call with Tele-Cert
Call 1-866-333-4606 to use EDD Tele-Cert. You must certify for benefits every two weeks.