Employer’s Guide FAQs

Find answers to frequently asked questions about the California Employer’s Guide, which helps you understand your rights and responsibilities as an employer.

Yes. If you have requested a paper copy, you can change your preference at any time by selecting Annual Mailing Preference and submitting your request.

Note: Changes made after October may not start immediately because of our annual mailing cycles.

No, the annual mailing is restricted to one paper copy to the address you provided us. If you need additional paper copies, you can order them through Online Forms and Publications.

The guide will be mailed to the address you provided us on your account. You can update your account and change your address in one of two ways:

e-Services for Business

Use e-Services for Business to manage your employer payroll tax account online.

Contact Us

If you have questions, Contact Payroll Taxes. You can also contact the Taxpayer Assistance Center at 1-888-745-3886 or visit your local Employment Tax Office.