Employment Services for People with Disabilities
We advance employment opportunities for people with disabilities. Through the America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM (AJCC), we provide universal access to services so that all job seekers with disabilities receive equal employment opportunities.
We also help job seekers with disabilities who need additional services become qualified for employment. These services include:
- Referrals to job openings or training.
- Career counseling.
- Job search assistance and workshops.
- Referrals to supportive services in the community.
Disability Employment Accelerator Program
We offer the Disability Employment Accelerator (DEA) program designed to advance employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
The DEA funds projects to increase employment and re-employment for people with disabilities and assists them in retaining competitive, integrated employment. The DEA funds will implement models that create career pathways for Californians with disabilities who face barriers to employment.
Jobs and Training
We have a variety of no- cost jobs and training resources including:
- Toolbox for Job Seekers: Outlines employment and training opportunities.
- Youth Leadership Forum: Builds leadership skills and promotes career preparation for high school juniors and seniors with disabilities.
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) Program: The DHH Workforce Services locations and the AJCC provide interpretive, job placement, and follow-up services for job seekers.
For Service and Support
Contact us by using the following TTY toll-free numbers:
- Disability Insurance: 1-800-563-2441
- Employment Tax: 1-800-547-9565
- Paid Family Leave: 1-800-445-1312
- Unemployment Insurance: 1-800-815-9387
For More Information
- California Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities: This is a policy committee established in California statute to advance the employment of people with disabilities in California . Email CCEPD@dor.ca.gov or call 1-855-894-3436 to provide input or ideas on how to improve services for people with disabilities in California.
- Careers in California Government: This website is designed for all job seekers interested in a career in state government.
- Department of Rehabilitation (DOR): The DOR works with consumers and other stakeholders to provide services and advocacy that result in employment, independent living, and equality for people with disabilities.
- Disability Benefits 101 (DB 101): DB 101 provides tools and information for workers, job seekers, and service providers to understand how work and benefits are connected. DB 101 outlines health coverage, benefits, and employment programs for people with disabilities .
- Limited Examination and Appointment Program (LEAP): LEAP is an alternate selection process for employment with the State of California. It facilitates the recruitment and hiring of people with disabilities, and provides them with an alternative way to show their qualifications for employment than the traditional state civil service exam process.
- Talent Knows No Limits (TKNL): TKNL statewide campaign uses print, online, and video media to inspire employers, service providers, and job seekers with disabilities to take action by seeking information and resources. The TKNL website features resources for supporting employment of people with disabilities and free online trainings for service providers, job seekers with disabilities, and employers.
- Ticket to Work Program: The Ticket to Work Program and Work Incentives Improvement Act assist and encourage Social Security Disability Insurance recipients or Supplemental Security Income recipients to prepare for and enter into employment. The program provides Social Security disability beneficiaries the choices, opportunities, and support needed to become and stay employed, increase their earnings, and leave and remain off benefits by being fully self-supportive.
Access Employment Services
Last Revised: 06/06/2022