How to Use the EDD Data Library
There are many different ways you can find the data you need through the EDD Data Library. The quickest way is to search by category or keyword. The data can be exported in the following formats:
- CSV for Excel
- CSV for Excel (Europe)
- TSV for Excel
Search by Category
There are commonly used datasets and visualizations available to use on the EDD Data Library homepage. You can select one of these categories, then browse or filter the datasets.
For example, if you want to browse datasets related to labor force:
- From the EDD Data Library home page, select Labor Force & Unemployment Rates.
- Browse through the datasets. You can use filter the datasets by category, or types of view to narrow the results. Select Local Area Unemployment Statistics.
- Here, you will have a list of options to choose from. You can filter, visualize, export, or embed the data.
Search by Keywords
You can search for datasets by keywords. From the homepage, select All Data. Then, in the search box, enter some keywords. You can also filter and sort the data using the tools on the left. To view a list of all keywords:
- Go to the All Data view
- Find Categories on the left hand side.
- Select Show All.
For example, if you want to find the most job openings, follow the steps below:
- Go to the EDD Data Library homepage and select All Data.
- In the search bar, enter most job openings, then press enter.
- Any dataset associated with this keyword will display.