Enroll in e-Services for Business as an Employer
To manage your employer payroll tax account, enroll as an employer if you are the owner, officer, partner, executor, receiver, or trustee of a business.
Steps to Follow
With e-Services for Business, you can register for an employer payroll tax account number, file tax returns and wage reports, make payments and manage your employer payroll tax account. It’s fast, easy, secure and online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Follow the steps below to enroll in e-Services for Business for online access to your employer payroll tax account.
Note: Before you begin, if you need to register for an employer payroll tax account number, visit Am I Required to Register as an Employer? to review the information needed to register.
- Go to e-Services for Business.
- Select Enroll.
- Enter the required information, then select Continue.
- Choose your security questions and answer each question, then select Continue.
- Review the Enrollment Summary and print a copy for your records, then select Submit.
- Select the verification link in the email we sent you to complete the enrollment process.
Important: If you do not verify your email address within 24 hours, you will need to restart the enrollment process.
Refer to the e-Services for Business tutorial: Create a Username and Password to Enroll in Employer Services Online (YouTube) for more information.
Need to register for an employer payroll tax account number
- Select New Employer, then select Next.
- Select Register for Employer Payroll Tax Account Number.
- Complete the online registration application, then select Submit.
Already have an employer payroll tax account number
First, you will need to verify you are authorized to access the account by answering one of the following:
- Total Subject Wages Reported from one of the last three filed Quarterly Contribution Return and Report of Wages (Continuation) (DE 9C).
- Reserve Account Balance from the most recent Notice of Contribution Rates and Statement of UI Reserve Account (DE 2088).
- Payment Amount from one of the last five payments received by us.
Then, you will follow these steps:
- Select Existing Employer, then select Next.
- Review the information on the Getting Started screen, then select Next.
- Select Yes on the Enrollment Type - Employer screen, then select Next.
- Complete all of the Account information fields.
- Choose a security question then provide the answer to the security question.
Note: If you have never filed a return or made a payment, select New Employer.
- Select Next.
- Review the Enrollment Request, then select Submit.
Refer to the e-Services for Business tutorial: Enroll as an Employer in e-Services for Business (YouTube) for more information.