Skip to Main Content
Employment Development Department
Employment Development Department

Reporting Your Wages While on Disability

The income types shown in the following list must be reported to the Employment Development Department (EDD), even though they may not always affect your benefits. Failure to report your income or that you have returned to work could result in an overpayment, penalties, and a false statement disqualification.

Report the following wages to the EDD:

In addition, your benefits may be reduced because of a prior Unemployment Insurance, Paid Family Leave (PFL), or DI overpayment or for delinquent court-ordered support payments.

How Do You Report Wages or Work Status?

You will report any wages on your initial claim form when you file your claim. During your claim, if you receive any of the forms listed below, you must complete and return them to the EDD online or by mail to avoid possible overpayments, penalties, false statement disqualifications, or a stop to your benefit payments.

Report wages or that you’ve returned to work on the following forms:

Report that you’ve returned to work on the following form:

To submit any of the forms stated above using SDI Online, select the link containing the form name in your SDI Online inbox.

To submit any of the forms stated above by mail, complete the form and mail to the EDD using the self-addressed envelope provided.

If you are eligible for benefits, allow 10 business days to process your payment after the EDD receives the form.