Facts and Stats
Find frequently requested data about unemployment benefits and California’s labor force, and general information about EDD programs and services.
Unemployment Data Dashboards
To illustrate the continued demand for unemployment benefits during the COVID-19 pandemic, the EDD releases weekly data dashboards for initial claims and continued claims.
Current Employment Data
The Labor Market Information Division (LMID) is the official source for California Labor Market Information. The LMID collects, analyzes, and publishes statistical data and reports on California’s labor force, industries, occupations, employment projections, and wages and other important labor market and economic data.
- The Unemployment Rate and Labor Force includes:
- Official EDD Statewide Monthly News Release
- California Employment Highlights By Month
- California Labor Force and Industry Employment: Seasonally Adjusted | Not Seasonally Adjusted
- California Labor Market Review
- Industry Employment – Official Estimated: California, Counties, Metropolitan Areas
- Online Job Advertisement Statistics: Statewide | Metropolitan Areas
- Labor Market by County (County Interactive Map)
Fact Sheets provide an overview of EDD programs and services:
- Employment Development Department Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Unemployment Insurance Program Fact Sheet (PDF)
- State Disability Insurance Program Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Paid Family Leave Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Workforce Services Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Payroll Taxes Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Labor Market Information Fact Sheet (PDF)
For more Fact Sheets, view our Online Forms and Publications.
Review frequently asked questions for EDD programs and services.