e-Services for Business
e-Services for Business is your fast, easy, and secure way to manage your employer payroll tax account online.
Features and Benefits
With e-Services for Business, you can:
- Register, close, or re-open an employer payroll tax account.
- File, adjust, and print returns and reports.
- Make payments.
- Protest Unemployment Insurance benefit charges or rates.
- Authorize a power of attorney.
- Report changes to your business.
- View notices and letters.
- Report new employees or independent contractors.
- Request a transfer of a reserve account.
Note: The Report of New Employee(s) (DE 34) and Report of Independent Contractor(s) (DE 542) can be filed from 5 a.m. to 12 midnight, (Pacific time), 7 days a week. All other services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How to Enroll
Enroll as an employer if you are the owner, officer, partner, executor, receiver, or trustee of a business, to manage your employer payroll tax account.
Enroll as a Representative if one of the following applies to you:
- You are a third-party representative enrolling to manage your client’s employer payroll tax account such as a tax preparer, bookkeeper, agent, or accountant.
- You are an employee enrolling to manage your employer’s payroll tax account.
- You are only submitting the Report of Independent Contractor (s) (DE 542).
For instructions on how to enroll, visit:
For More Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- View your payroll tax rates
- Submit a penalty waiver request
- Request an Annual Mailing of the CA Employer’s Guide (DE 44) or Household Employer’s Guide (DE 8829)
Review the complete list of e-Services for Business Tutorials for more information.