Options to File for Paid Family Leave Benefits
Paid Family Leave (PFL) provides short-term, partial wage replacement benefits to eligible workers who lose wages when they need time off work to:
- Care for a seriously ill family member.
- Bond with a new child.
- Participate in a qualifying event because of a family member’s military deployment to a foreign country.
For information on how to file a specific claim (such as pregnancy claims, part-time worker claims, and more), visit State Disability Insurance – Types of Claims.
File through SDI Online
The fastest, easiest way to file a PFL claim is through SDI Online.
Benefits of SDI Online
- Reduces claim processing time.
- Includes security safeguards.
- You can upload additional claim documents such as proof of relationship for bonding.
- You have access 24 hours a day.
- You can manage or update your personal information, including:
- Address (residence and/or mailing).
- Communication method (email, US mail).
- Language preference.
- Phone number.
To file a PFL claim by mail, you must complete and submit a Claim for Paid Family Leave (PFL) Benefits (DE 2501F) form.
To learn how to get this form and how to submit a claim by mail, visit How to File a Paid Family Leave (PFL) Claim by Mail.
Disability Insurance and Paid Family Leave Benefits
Find DI and PFL Information for You
Register for Benefit Programs Online
Creating an account is an important step in this process. With Benefit Programs Online, you can apply for Disability Insurance and manage your claim in SDI Online.
Can’t find what you are looking for? View these resources for more information.