Options to File for Paid Family Leave Benefits
Paid Family Leave (PFL) provides short-term, partial wage replacement benefits to eligible workers who lose wages when they need time off work to:
- Care for a seriously ill family member.
- Bond with a new child.
- Participate in a qualifying event because of a family member’s military deployment to a foreign country.
For information on how to file a specific claim (such as pregnancy claims, part-time worker claims, and more), visit State Disability Insurance – Types of Claims.
File through SDI Online
The fastest, easiest way to file a PFL claim is through SDI Online.
Benefits of SDI Online
- Reduces claim processing time.
- Includes security safeguards.
- You can upload additional claim documents such as proof of relationship for bonding.
- You have access 24 hours a day.
- You can manage or update your personal information, including:
- Address (residence and/or mailing).
- Communication method (email, US mail).
- Language preference.
- Phone number.
To file a PFL claim by mail, you must complete and submit a Claim for Paid Family Leave (PFL) Benefits (DE 2501F) form.
To learn how to get this form and how to submit a claim by mail, visit How to File a Paid Family Leave (PFL) Claim by Mail.