Contact Payroll Taxes

Office Closures

We are taking steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) across communities in California. These EDD offices are closed or available by appointment only:

  • America Job Centers of CaliforniaSM (AJCC) – by appointment only. Contact your local AJCC for more information.
  • State Disability Insurance offices – the public counters for in-person services are closed until further notice. For the fastest service, file a claim online or access your Disability Insurance claim information with SDI Online.
  • Tax offices – by appointment only. Visit Payroll Taxes or contact Tax representatives at 1-888-745-3886, available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Please check back, we will update this page when we have more information. We apologize for any inconvenience.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, there are several ways to contact us.


If you have a question that is not answered in Frequently Asked Questions, or to report fraud:

  1. Visit Ask EDD.
  2. Select the category Payroll Tax.
  3. Select the subcategory Other.
  4. Select a topic.

Note: Google Translate™ is not available within Ask EDD.

By Mail

Complete Comments, Complaints, or Suggestions (DE 8123) (PDF) and mail to:

Employment Development Department
Taxpayer Assistance Center
PO Box 826880
Sacramento, CA 94280-0001

By Phone

Representatives are available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Pacific time, Monday through Friday, except on state holidays.

Payroll Tax Assistance

Toll-free from the US or Canada: 1-888-745-3886

TTY: 1-800-547-9565

Outside the US or Canada: 1-916-464-3502

Our automated phone system gives general payroll tax information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

e-Services for Business Assistance

Toll-free from the US or Canada: 1-855-866-2657

Tax Offices

For in-person payroll tax assistance, visit your nearest employment tax office. All offices are open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Pacific time, except on state holidays. If you cannot resolve an employment tax problem with your assigned EDD representative and office manager, visit Taxpayer Advocate.