e-Services for Business Updates and Enhancements
The Employment Development Department regularly updates e-Services for Business with new features and enhancements to make your experience easier and more convenient. For more information, visit e-Services for Business.
Below are the most recent updates to e-Services for Business:
April 2019 Updates
- Improved payment and balance functionality.
- Additional payment type options for certain employers.
March 2019 Updates
- New Protest Option to file an Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefit charge or UI rate protest online.
May 2018 Updates
- Improved display of web submissions in the activity details.
- New Express Pay Option for employers to make fast, easy, and secure Payroll Tax payments. No enrollment necessary.
- New Earnings Withholding Order payment options for employers.
December 2017 Updates
- Enhancements to settings, logons, activity center, and web submissions.
- Improved correspondence and web submission functionality.
- Redesigned page descriptions and messages for enhanced usability.
June 2017 Updates
- Enhancements to security, settings, activity center, and web requests.
- Redesigned Customer and Account pages for enhanced navigation and usability.
- Improved page descriptions and instructions.
- Full implementation of responsive design for mobile access.
April 2017 Updates
- Improved layout for easier navigation.
- Easier management of account settings and payment sources.
- New alert links show items due for a specific filing period and allow users to make a payment or file a return.
October 2016 Updates
- Simpler and more intuitive user interface.
- Access to additional letters covering: registration, payments, returns, and much more.
- Mobile-friendly design when viewing and making payments.
- Option to view details and actions for a specific filing period.
- Easier access to recent items.
- Enhanced alerts to remind you when items are due, and much more.
March 2016 Updates
- Remote Assistance allows an EDD representative to view your current e-Services for Business session.
- Save and Continue allows you to save your Wage Report and continue to complete the form.
- Alerts show you when there is a balance due or a return has been saved but not submitted.
- I Want To… menu relocated to upper right of page for improved visibility.
- More Options allows you to see more user options without navigating to a new page.
- Account Cards will appear for users with access to less than six accounts, making navigation easier.
September 2015 Updates
- Close Account allows you to close or reopen an account.
- Update Account Info allows you to update your entity, your business name, responsible parties, and much more.
- Other Requests allows you to request miscellaneous items such as adding a Power of Attorney.
- I Want To… section relocated to upper right of page for improved visibility.
- Profile tab will allow easy access to edit your profile.
- Balance section will include a new at-a-glance feature to allow for quickly checking account status. Credits are indicated in green and debits are indicated in red.
October 2014 Updates
Registration application enhancements:
- Step-by-step format with expanded instructions to guide you through the registration application.
- Attach supporting documentation, which will allow all employer types to submit an online registration request.
- Save partially completed registration requests for up to 30 days.
- Check the status of an online registration request.
- Submit a request to reopen a previously closed employer payroll tax account.
- Immediate access to manage your account.
- Access the new employer welcome packet through your e-Services for Business account.