Resources for Tax Practitioners

These forms can be submitted online through e-Services for Business:

Important Contacts

Phone numbers listed by type of service.
Service Phone Number
Independent Contractor Reporting (ICR) 1-916-657-0529
New Employee Registry (NER) 1-916-657-0529
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) 1-916-654-9130
Tax Rate
or visit UI Rate Search
Wage-Related Questions 1-916-654-9018
Alternate Forms Coordinator 1-916-255-0649
Taxpayer Advocate Office 1-866-594-4177
Power of Attorney 1-916-654-7263
Counseling Services for Agents
(third-party administrators)
Fraud Tip Hotline 1-800-528-1783
Reserve Account Transfers, UI Rate and Benefit Charge Protests 1-916-653-7795
Reimbursable Accounts
  • Employer Account Statement (DE 2176)
  • Charges to Reimbursable Employer Accounts
  • Protest Letter Status
School Employees Fund Employers
  • Employer Account Statement (DE 2176)
  • Registration for New/Reinstated
  • Account Adjustments
  • Address Changes

e-Services for Business

Use e-Services for Business to manage your employer payroll tax account online.

Contact Us

If you have questions, Contact Payroll Taxes. You can also contact the Taxpayer Assistance Center at 1-888-745-3886 or visit your local Employment Tax Office.