Small Business Employer Advisory Committee
The Small Business Employer Advisory Committee (SBEAC) is a diverse group of California business owners, business associations, trade organizations, and representatives from the Employment Development Department (EDD). The committee collaborates on California employment issues and experiences and works in partnership to better serve the needs of California’s small business employer community. The committee also provides a channel for the EDD to disseminate information to various groups through the SBEAC members.
The SBEAC provides small business employers and the EDD’s Tax Branch the opportunity to better understand each other’s needs by addressing issues of mutual interest. The SBEAC plays a significant role on behalf of the small business employer community and provides feedback to the EDD’s Tax Branch on various tax policy and procedural initiatives.
The committee's focus is to:
- Provide Tax Branch with the customer’s perspective on the EDD's programs and services.
- Identify ways for the EDD's employment tax program to better serve the small business employer community.
- Propose employer education and outreach programs.
Current SBEAC Membership
- California Asian Pacific Chamber of Commerce
- California Automotive Business Coalition
- California Black Chamber of Commerce
- California Cannabis Industry Association
- California Coalition of Domestic Referral Agencies
- California Employer Advisory Council
- California Golf Course Owners Association
- California Hotel and Lodging Association
- California Landscape Contractors Association
- California Restaurant Association
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Enrolled Agents
- California Solar and Storage Association
- California Trucking Association
- Housing Contractors of California
- Human Resources and Staffing Industry
- Independent Automotive Professionals Association – Santa Barbara Chapter
- Industry Manufacturers Council
- Los Angeles LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce
- Roofing Contractors Association of California
- Small Manufacturers Association of California
- Women’s Chamber of Commerce
Refer to the Information Sheet: Small Business Employer Advisory Committee (DE 231SB) (PDF) for more information or contact the SBEAC at email@example.com.