The Orange region is comprised of Orange County.
Top Job Openings 2018-2028*
- General and Operations Managers:
- 27,270 projected job openings, $113,483 average annual wage, 860 job advertisements.
- Accountants and Auditors:
- 17,470 projected job openings, $81,537 average annual wage, 1,008 job advertisements.
- Registered Nurses:
- 16,720 projected job openings, $107,956 average annual wage, 3,012 job advertisements.
- Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists:
- 15,760 projected job openings, $76,197 average annual wage, 561 job advertisements.
- Management Analysts:
- 11,510 projected job openings, $99,855 average annual wage, 480 job advertisements.
- Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks:
- 23,500 projected job openings, $49,593 average annual wage, 575 job advertisements.
- Teacher Assistants:
- 15,500 projected job openings, $39,284 average annual wage, 146 job advertisements.
- Medical Assistants:
- 12,870 projected job openings, $40,443 average annual wage, 481 job advertisements.
- Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers:
- 11,140 projected job openings, $51,164 average annual wage, 1,091 job advertisements.
- Computer User Support Specialists:
- 8,870 projected job openings, $62,824 average annual wage, 558 job advertisements.
- Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food***:
- 88,470 projected job openings, $33,322 average annual wage, 1,017 job advertisements.
- Personal Care Aides**:
- 73,920 projected job openings, $31,637 average annual wage, 760 job advertisements.
- Retail Salespersons:
- 70,260 projected job openings, $31,762 average annual wage, 2,264 job advertisements.
- Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand:
- 63,150 projected job openings, $38,418 average annual wage, 872 job advertisements.
- 62,630 projected job openings, $31,200 average annual wage, 583 job advertisements.
*The 2018-2028 employment projections do not include impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and response efforts. Employment projections are developed using models based on historical data, which in this set of projections cover the period through 2018; all input data therefore precede the pandemic. Employment projections are long-term projections intended to capture structural change in the economy, not cyclical fluctuations. As such, they are not intended to capture the impacts of the recession that began in February 2020. However, besides the immediate recessionary impacts, the pandemic may cause new structural changes to the economy. Subsequent employment projections will incorporate new information on economic structural changes as it becomes available.
**Wages for Personal Care Aides are taken from the Home Health and Personal Care Aides occupation.
***Wages for Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food are taken from the Food Preparation Workers occupation.