North State Region
The North State region is comprised of Butte, Del Norte, Lassen, Modoc, Nevada, Plumas, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Tehama, and Trinity counties.
Top Job Openings 2018-2028*
- Registered Nurses:
- 3,620 projected job openings, $123,828 average annual wage, 241 job advertisements.
- General and Operations Managers:
- 3,300 projected job openings, $90,643 average annual wage, 55 job advertisements.
- Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education:
- 3,050 projected job openings, $80,057 average annual wage, 5 job advertisements.
- Accountants and Auditors:
- 1,420 projected job openings, $76,783 average annual wage, 22 job advertisements.
- Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education:
- 1,370 projected job openings, $80,832 average annual wage, 6 job advertisements.
- Teacher Assistants:
- 5,010 projected job openings, $37,521 average annual wage, 22 job advertisements.
- Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks:
- 3,640 projected job openings, $48,279 average annual wage, 42 job advertisements.
- Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers:
- 3,320 projected job openings, $49,757 average annual wage, 159 job advertisements.
- Nursing Assistants:
- 3,220 projected job openings, $38,745 average annual wage, 60 job advertisements.
- Medical Assistants:
- 2,030 projected job openings, $40,261 average annual wage, 61 job advertisements.
- Personal Care Aides**:
- 19,340 projected job openings, $31,741 average annual wage, 63 job advertisements.
- 15,780 projected job openings, $31,200 average annual wage, 40 job advertisements.
- Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food***:
- 12,280 projected job openings, $32,843 average annual wage, 37 job advertisements.
- Retail Salespersons:
- 9,810 projected job openings, $31,512 average annual wage, 164 job advertisements.
- Waiters and Waitresses:
- 7,650 projected job openings, $31,699 average annual wage, 32 job advertisements.
*The 2018-2028 employment projections do not include impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and response efforts. Employment projections are developed using models based on historical data, which in this set of projections cover the period through 2018; all input data therefore precede the pandemic. Employment projections are long-term projections intended to capture structural change in the economy, not cyclical fluctuations. As such, they are not intended to capture the impacts of the recession that began in February 2020. However, besides the immediate recessionary impacts, the pandemic may cause new structural changes to the economy. Subsequent employment projections will incorporate new information on economic structural changes as it becomes available.
**Wages for Personal Care Aides are taken from the Home Health and Personal Care Aides occupation.
***Wages for Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food are taken from the Food Preparation Workers occupation.