Whether you are an established employer or starting your first business, this page provides important resources and information that you need to succeed.
Important: As of January 1, 2020, workers are considered employees unless proven otherwise. Visit AB 5 – Employment Status to learn how it impacts you.
In addition, it is important for claimants and employers to understand their roles and responsibilities in making sure that information is reported accurately and benefits are paid appropriately. Committing fraud has serious consequences. Learn more on Help Fight Fraud.
Manage Your Tax Account
Hiring and Training
- Taxpayer Advocate
- Benefit Determination Guide
- Department of Child Support Services-New Hire Reporting
- Household Employer’s Guide (DE 8829) (PDF)
- How to Report a Job Refusal Using Ask EDD (YouTube)
- State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) for Unemployment Insurance (YouTube) English | Korean
- How to Respond to SIDES Requests for Eligibility Information (YouTube) English | Korean
- How to Protect Your Business from Higher Unemployment Insurance (UI) Taxes (YouTube) English | Korean
Last Revised: 05/12/2022