Contact Information for Unemployment Insurance
We’re Here for You
Choose the most convenient way to reach us.
Use UI OnlineSM
If you do not have a UI Online account and have a question about UI, or you would like to report fraud, you can Ask EDD.
Unemployment Phone Directory
Find the right telephone number you need for unemployment insurance, including our self-service line. This directory also outlines phone numbers by languages spoken.
|English and Español
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Pacific time), Monday through Friday, except on California state holidays.
Note: Monday morning before 10 a.m. is our busiest call time, so we recommend calling at other times.
|English (Self-Service Line)
Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Customers
Deaf and hard of hearing callers can contact the EDD using one of the following:
- Unemployment Customer Service phone line: 1-800-300-5616.
- Note: Video Relay Service (VRS) calls are received as telephone calls by the EDD.
- Teletypewriter (TTY): 1-800-815-9387. This option does not use the California Relay Service and is recommended.
- California Relay Service (711): Provide the Unemployment Insurance Customer Service number (1-800-300-5616) to the operator.
- Note: If you are calling from outside of California, use your state’s relay service.
Share Your Insights with Us
Download, print, and complete Comments, Suggestions, and/or Complaints (DE 8123) (PDF). You may need to download the no-cost Adobe Reader to view and print this document. Mail your completed form to:
Employment Development Department
PO Box 826880 – UISD, MIC-40
Sacramento, CA 94280-0001