State Information Data Exchange System
The State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) is a secure and timely way for employers and third-party administrators (TPAs) to electronically receive and respond to a Notice of Unemployment Insurance Claim Filed (DE 1101CZ) (PDF).
The EDD sends a Notice of Unemployment Insurance Claim Filed (DE 1101CZ) to employers when a claimant files a new Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim or when an existing UI claim is reopened. We rely on employers to provide timely separation information to help determine claimant eligibility for benefits and to accurately charge your UI reserve account.
Benefits and Features of SIDES:
- Saves time, administrative costs, and mailing expenses.
- Ensures the EDD receives complete claim information.
- Allows employers and TPAs to upload supporting documents.
- Reduces improper payments.
How to Participate in SIDES:
- SIDES E-Response: designed for employers and TPAs with a lower volume of UI claims, and does not require any special programming or software. Visit How to Subscribe to SIDES E-Response for more information.
- SIDES Web Service: designed for employers and TPAs with a higher volume of UI claims, or those who operate in multiple states. This option requires the employer or TPA to coordinate with the EDD and the National Association of State Workforce Agencies to implement special programming for a computer-to-computer interface. Visit How to Participate in SIDES Web Service for more information.
SIDES Technical Support
SIDES technical support provides customers with assistance including registration, login information, and other related technical issues.
SIDES technical support staff cannot assist with questions about other EDD employer services, UI, Disability Insurance, or Paid Family Leave.
- SIDES E-Response: Call 1-855-327-7057, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding state holidays.
- SIDES Web Service: Contact the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA).
SIDES Web Service
- SIDES FAQs
- Fact Sheet: State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) (DE 8714S) (PDF)
- SIDES Tip Card (DE 8807) (PDF)
- Notice of Unemployment Insurance Claim Filed (DE 1101CZ) (PDF)
- Employer Information
- e-Services for Business
- How to Protect Your Business from Higher Unemployment Insurance (UI) Taxes (YouTube)