Tax Incentives for Employers
Find tax incentives for employers, including tax credits and deductions for expanding and accommodating new hires.
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC): The WOTC can reduce an employer’s federal tax liability by up to $9,600 per new hire. This federal income tax credit is available to employers who hire people from certain targeted groups.
- Disabled Access Credit: This employer incentive helps small businesses cover the cost of making their businesses accessible to persons with disabilities. The maximum amount of the credit is $5,000. See IRS Form 8826 Disabled Access Credit for further information.
- Architectural and Transportation Tax Deduction: Businesses can take an annual deduction of up to $15,000 for expenses related to removing architectural and transportation barriers to persons with disabilities and the elderly.
Find Jobs and Training for You
Access Employment Services
America’s Job Center of California (AJCC) connects employers with job openings and qualified job seekers together at no cost.
CalJOBS is the State of California’s online job search system. Create an account, log in and find a variety of online services offered for both employers and job seekers.
Can’t find what you are looking for? View these resources for more information.
- Job Fairs and Workshops
- Training and Education Opportunities
- Forms and Publications
- Contact Workforce Services