System Maintenance: UI OnlineSM
Due to scheduled system maintenance, UI Online will be unavailable from Friday, August 23 at 6 p.m. to Saturday, August 24 at 10 a.m.
During this period you can call 1-866-333-4606 to check payment information, hear general Unemployment Insurance information, and certify for continued benefits using EDD Tele-CertSM. Information about your debit card is available on Bank of America's EDD Debit Card website.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve our services.
UI Online is the fastest and most convenient way to file or reopen your claim, certify for benefits, and get up-to-date claim and payment information. UI Online MobileSM is available for smartphone and tablet users.
Log In or Register - Benefit Programs Online.
The Employment Development Department’s online benefit services, such as UI Online, are accessed through Benefit Programs Online. Select Benefit Programs Online below to log in or to register for access.
UI Online Features
- File or reopen a claim.
- Certify for continued benefits and report work and wages.*
- Get your latest claim and payment information.
- Update your address and phone number.
- Receive important notifications such as reminders to certify for benefits.
- View in-person and phone appointments and reschedule a phone interview appointment.
- View, print, or request a copy of your Form 1099G tax information from the past five years.
- Ask a question.
Note: It may be necessary to send some documents via U.S. mail.
*Customers on Partial or Work Sharing claims are unable to certify for benefits or reopen an existing claim using UI Online at this time.
Instructional Videos on YouTube
- Benefit Programs Online Overview and Registration
- UI Online Overview and Registration English | Cantonese | Mandarin | Spanish | Vietnamese
- How to Apply for UI Benefits (File a Claim) English | Spanish | Cantonese
- Reopen Your Claim English | Cantonese | Mandarin | Spanish
- Certify for Continued Benefits English | Spanish
- Certify for Continued Benefits with UI Online Mobile English | Cantonese
- Report Wages and Earnings
- Report Entertainment Industry Earnings
- Report Self-Employment and Commissions
- Report Bonuses, Pensions, and Other Types of Income
- Access Tax Information Form 1099G English | Spanish
- View Detailed Payment Information
- Manage Your Personal Profile