Voluntary Quit VQ 475 – Fact Finding Guide
- What was the reason for the claimant's termination?
- In what way was this reason connected with union status or lack of it?
- Was the claimant or the employer the moving party in the termination? Who set in motion the chain of circumstances which resulted in the termination?
- If termination was the result of a union rule, was this rule a part of the collective bargaining agreement?
- If termination was the result of union disciplinary action:
- What was the action?
- Why did the union take the action against the claimant?
- Was the claimant afforded an opportunity to protest the charge?
- If the employer discharged the claimant because of a union disciplinary action, was the discharge required under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement?
Last Revised: 01/19/2022