Voluntary Quit VQ 40 – Fact Finding Guide
Attendance at School or Training
- Was the claimant's quit for reasons related to his/her schooling? (If not, refer to appropriate section which reflects reason for leaving.)
- Was the claimant required by law to attend school?
- Did the claimant have any alternative to quitting?
- Was the claimant attending school under a formal apprenticeship program administered by the Division of Apprenticeship Standards?
- Did the employer require the schooling to upgrade the claimant's skills to enable him/her to keep the job?
- If California Training Benefits:
- Was the training "director-approved?"
- Was the claimant enrolled in the training prior to quitting the job?
- Was the employer's training course a condition of employment? Was the claimant paid for the time in training?
Last Revised: 01/19/2022