Voluntary Quit VQ 365 – Fact Finding Guide
Leaving for Other Work
- Was the claimant's primary reason for leaving to:
- Seek other employment?
- Accept other employment?
- If the claimant left to seek other employment:
- Was the claimant working part-time, and did the part-time work keep the claimant from looking for full-time work?
- Did the claimant have medical or other advice to leave the job? If "yes," see VQ 235, Health and Safety Considerations, or other applicable section.
- If the claimant left to accept other employment:
- What prompted the claimant to leave at the time he/she left?
- Was the new job definite, including terms and conditions of employment and starting date?
- Was the new job substantially better?
- Was the new job as permanent as the job the claimant left?
- Would a reasonable person, genuinely desirous of retaining employment, have made the same choice?
- If the job was not initially better, would the job have been better over the long run?
- Wages? (Consider ten percent increase as substantially better.)
- Use of highest skills?
Last Revised: 01/19/2022