How to Correct Prior Reports, Returns, or Deposits

As of January 1, 2018, all employers are required to electronically submit employment tax returns, wage reports, and payroll tax deposits to the Employment Development Department. You can use e-Services for Business to comply with the e-file and e-pay mandate. It’s a fasteasy, and secure way to file, pay, and manage your employer payroll tax accounts online. For more information and approved electronic filing and payment methods, visit E-file and E-pay Mandate for Employers.

Refer to the links below to determine how to request adjustments to previously submitted deposits, tax returns, and/or wage reports.

Note: EDD will not process adjustment forms if the DE 9, DE 9C, DE 3HW, or DE 3BHW has not been filed for the quarter.

e-Services for Business

Use e-Services for Business to manage your employer payroll tax account online.

Contact Us

If you have questions, Contact Payroll Taxes. You can also contact the Taxpayer Assistance Center at 1-888-745-3886 or visit your local Employment Tax Office.