Miscellaneous MI 95 - Fact Finding Guide
Efforts to Seek Work
- What specific seek work instructions was the claimant given?
- How were the instructions given to the claimant? Did the claimant understand the instructions?
- Were the instructions reasonable considering the claimant’s individual circumstances?
- Did the claimant follow the Department’s instructions?
- If the claimant did not follow the Department’s instructions, what reason does the claimant give for not following the instructions?
- Does the claimant’s inadequate search for work indicate a potential availability issue?
- Is the claimant excluded from conducting an active effort to seek work on his or her own behalf?
- Is the claimant a union member with a controlled hiring source?
- Is the claimant attending Director approved training or retaining?
- Is the claimant an apprentice in approved training?
- Was the claimant serving on a jury?
- Was the claimant hospitalized due to a life-threatening condition?