Attention CalJOBSSM Users
CalJOBSSM will be going through a system upgrade from Sunday, April 27, 2014 to Monday, May 5, 2014. During this time, the CalJOBSSM website will be temporarily unavailable to users.
For information and updates, please visit the CalJOBSSM Information page.
- Unemployment Insurance Information
- Unemployment Eligibility
- Information You Need to Apply for UI
- More Help for the Unemployed
- Improper UI Payments
- Disability Insurance Information
- Disability Eligibility
- File for a Disability Claim
- Job Seekers
- Getting Started/Seminars
- Reporting Requirements
- e-Services for Business
- File and Pay Taxes
- Tax Practitioners
- Improper UI Payments
- Joint Enforcement Strike Force (JESF)
- Employer's Guides
- Workforce Partners
- Quick Links
Tip of the Week
Employers: Are You Mailing a Payroll Tax Deposit?
When mailing your payroll tax deposit, remember to include a Payroll Tax Deposit (DE 88) coupon. If the coupon is not included, you may incur penalties and interest or misallocation of your deposit. Enroll in e-Services for Business and manage your account online. Make deposits, file returns, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you have any questions regarding deposits, visit Required Filings and Due Dates. You can also refer to the California Employer’s Guide (DE 44) or contact the Taxpayer Assistance Center at 1-888-745-3886. Visit Timely Payroll Tax Deposits for more information.
News and Announcements
- Employment Program Representatives Job Vacancies Information: The EDD is looking to hire more staff in the UI program (Updated April 17, 2014)
- New Developments on Federal Unemployment Extensions (Updated April 16, 2014)
- California’s unemployment rate decreases to 8.0 percent; Nonfarm payroll jobs increase by 58,800
- Important Update: New Upgrades for the Unemployment Insurance System (Updated January 22, 2014)
- Hundreds of thousands of Californians face loss of federal unemployment extension benefits at the end of the year; Impacted individuals are advised on additional resources
- EDD Debit CardSM Information (Updated, December 5, 2013)
- Phishing Scam Alert: Request to File for Unemployment Benefits
- Unemployment Insurance customer service center hours being cut; Serious federal underfunding leads to reductions in service hours
- How to avoid common mistakes that can lead to improper payments and penalties in the Unemployment Insurance Program. Learn more about the eligibility and reporting requirements of the UI Program to avoid penalties as a claimant and additional costs as an employer.
This Google Translate™ translation service is provided for informational purposes only as the EDD is unable to guarantee the accuracy of this translation. View Disclaimer