How to Use the EDD Data Library
There are many different ways you can find the data you need through the EDD Data Library. The quickest way to find the information you are searching for is to search by category or keyword. The data can be exported in the following formats: CSV, JSON, PDF, RDF, RSS, XLS, XLSX, XML.
There are commonly used datasets and visualizations available to use on the EDD Data Library homepage. You can select one of these tiles (categories) and then browse or filter the datasets within this category.
For example, if you wanted to browse datasets related to labor force:
- From the EDD Data Library home page, select the “Labor Force” tile.
- Browse through the datasets. You can use filter the data sets further by category or view types to narrow the results. Select “Local Area Unemployment Statistics.”
- Here, you will have a list of options to choose from. You can filter, visualize, export, embed the data.
You can also search for datasets by keyword(s). From the homepage, select the “All Data” tile and in the search box, provide some keywords. You can also filter and sort the data using the tools on the left. To view a list of all keywords, from the “All Data” view, on the left under “Topics, select the “Show All…” link.
For example, if you wanted to search for most job openings:
- From the EDD Data Library home page, select the “All Data” tile.
- In the search bar, enter “most job openings” and press enter.
- Any dataset associated with this keyword will display.
EDD Data Library Sample Screens
Take a quick peek at what the EDD Data Library looks like and its different features.
EDD Data Library Home Page.
Results Page (Labor Force Tile) with search and filtering tools.
Viewing a Dataset with filter, visualize, export, embed, and other options.