UI OnlineSM Registration
To register for UI Online, follow the steps below or view our video, UI Online Overview and Registration (YouTube).
1. Create a Benefit Programs Online Login.
- Visit Benefit Programs Online and select Log In or Register.
- On the Benefit Programs Online login page, select Register to begin.
Important: After you submit your registration, you will receive an email containing a link. Select the unique link within 48 hours of receiving the email to complete the process or you’ll need to start your registration over. If you don’t get this message in your inbox, check your junk/spam folder.
2. Register for UI Online.
Log in to Benefit Programs Online and select UI Online to begin registration. You’ll need to provide the following information:
- First and last name as it appears on your claim
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- EDD Customer Account Number
Note: The EDD Customer Account Number is automatically mailed to all new customers within 10 days of filing a claim. If you lose or misplace your EDD Customer Account Number, call the EDD at 1-800-300-5616 from 8 a.m. to 12 noon (Pacific time), Monday through Friday, except on state holidays.
3. Use UI Online.
- Check your UI Online inbox on a regular basis for important notifications from the EDD.
- Certify for continued benefits online for faster processing.
- View payment information, certification status, and more.
Help with UI Online Registration
Select the question mark (?) icon or the help link in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and FAQs are also available.
If you need technical help with your UI Online account, such as help with registration or password issues, call the EDD at 1-800-300-5616 from 8 a.m. to 12 noon (Pacific time), Monday through Friday, except on state holidays.
Protect the Security of Your Account
Never share confidential information such as your password or Social Security number with anyone. If your account has been compromised, Contact UI.
Browser Compatibility and Pop-up Blockers
The EDD’s online systems are compatible with the latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. For optimal experience, use the latest version of Chrome or Firefox. Additionally, you must disable pop-up blockers to access features of UI Online.