Skip to Main Content
Employment Development Department
Employment Development Department

FAQ - Out of State, Military and Federal Claims

Show All | Hide All

Yes, federal civilian employees and ex-military personnel qualify for UI benefits. Federal civilian and ex-military personnel are required, however to provide additional documentation.

  • Federal civilian employees will be required to mail copies of the Standard Form 8 and Standard Form 50 to EDD. These documents are mailed to the employee at the time of separation.
  • Ex-military personnel will be required to mail a copy of Member 4 of their DD214 to EDD. The DD214 is mailed to the servicemember at the time of separation.

    If you do not have your DD214, The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) can provide you with information on your military service and copies of your DD214.

Yes, work and earnings from another state can be used to establish a claim. If an individual works for the federal government, or is in military service, work and earnings from overseas can also be used to establish a claim.