FAQs – Employer’s Guide

You will need to go to the e-Services for Business and select the “Submit a request to receive an annual mailing” link, or go directly to the Annual Mailing Preference page and choose to receive the guide.

No, an employer who has an agent, a CPA, or similar representation do not currently receive an annual paper copy guide and, therefore, would not use this link. However, you may request a paper copy guide from the Online Forms and Publications page.

Yes, if you have requested a paper copy of the annual guide, you can change your preference at any time by accessing the same link. Note: Changes made after October may not take effect immediately due to our annual mailing cycles.

The paper copy is available for those employers who prefer one instead of the electronic version available on the Internet. The EDD does posts an electronic version of both the Household Employer’s Guide (DE 8829) and the California Employer’s Guide (DE 44), which may be viewed and/or downloaded from the Forms and Publications page.

This link is only for the annual mailing of the paper copy guides. These annual guides are mailed to employers in late December or early January of each year. Employers wishing to obtain a paper copy of the current year’s guide can also request one through our Online Forms and Publications page in late January.

No, the annual mailing is restricted to one paper copy guide to the address of record. If you need additional copies, they can be ordered through our Online Forms and Publications page.

The guide will be mailed to the address of record on your account. You may make changes to your address of record in either of the following ways: