Voluntary Quit VQ 235 - Fact Finding Guide
Health and Safety Considerations
- If the quit was because of the claimant's health, did the claimant quit on the advice of a physician?
- Was the claimant physically unable to work at the time of leaving?
- Did the claimant request a leave to preserve the employment?
- Did the claimant's medical condition exist before he/she was hired? If so:
- What led the claimant to believe he/she could do the job when he/she applied for it?
- Was the employer aware of the claimant's physical condition at the time the claimant was hired?
- If the claimant left work due to a belief of imminent illness or injury:
- What basis did the claimant have for that belief?
- Was the belief reasonable?
- Were the risks inherent to the occupation?
- Was there any reason, other than health, that the claimant left the job? If so, what was the primary reason for leaving?