System Maintenance: UI OnlineSM and UI Online MobileSM
Due to scheduled system maintenance, UI Online and UI Online Mobile will be unavailable Sunday, March 26, 2017 from 5:00 a.m. through Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. Please check back after 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, March 26, 2017 to register or log in to UI Online or UI Online Mobile.
During this period, you may access information on your last payment issued, certify for continued benefits using EDD Tele-CertSM and get general information about Unemployment Insurance using the UI Self-Service Phone Line at 1-866-333-4606. Information for your EDD Debit CardSM can be obtained online at the Bank of America EDD Debit CardSM website.
We apologize for any inconvenience you may experience during these times and appreciate your patience as we continue to upgrade our systems.
Attention: Piece-Rate Workers:
If you worked in California between 2012 and 2015 and your pay was based on a fixed rate for each piece of work completed, your employer may have recently sent you a one-time payment for unpaid rest and recovery periods due to Assembly Bill (AB) 1513. You do not need to report this one-time payment to the EDD. Remember, you must report all other wages and income that you receive.
If you have already reported this one-time payment, Contact UI to ensure your benefits were paid correctly.
UI Online is a fast, convenient, and secure way for Unemployment Insurance (UI) customers to access claim information, certify for benefits*, and manage their claims 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
For added convenience, UI Online Mobile is available for smartphone and tablet users.
UI Online features include:
- Certify for continued benefits and report work and wages.*
- View detailed payment information for all processed payments.
- Update contact information and set personal preferences.
- Reopen an existing claim without speaking to a representative.
- View all scheduled appointments and reschedule a phone interview appointment.
- View, print or request an official copy of your Form 1099G tax information for up to the past five years.
- Receive Instant notifications and important messages from the EDD such as when weeks are available for certification or if your claim needs to be reopened.
*Customers on Partial or Work Sharing claims are unable to certify for benefits or reopen an existing claim using UI Online at this time, but can access all other features of the system.
- Register for UI Online
Learn what you need and how to register for UI Online.
- Welcome and UI Online Registration Video (YouTube)
Watch a video about UI Online and how to register.
Using UI Online
- Certify for Benefits
Learn how to certify for benefits on UI Online.
- Reopen a Claim
Reopen an existing claim without talking to a representative.
- Payment Information
Get detailed payment information for all processed payments.
- View Appointments
View all scheduled appointments and reschedule phone interviews without talking to a representative.
Form 1099G Tax Information
View, print or request an official copy of Form 1099G tax information for up to the past five years.
- Ask a Question using UI Online
Ask a question about your UI claim from your UI Online account.
- Additional Features
Update contact information, view claim history, and more.
Instructional Videos for UI Online
- UI Online Overview and Registration English | Cantonese | Mandarin | Spanish | Vietnamese
- Certify for Continued Benefits English | Cantonese | Mandarin | Spanish
- Certify for Continued Benefits with UI Online Mobile English | Cantonese | Mandarin | Spanish
- Reopen Your Claim English | Cantonese | Mandarin | Spanish
- Certify for Continued Benefits using UI Online English | Spanish
- Certify for Continued Benefits with UI Online Mobile English | Cantonese
- Report Wages and Earnings
- Report Entertainment Industry Earnings
- Report Self-Employment and Commissions
- Report Bonuses, Pensions, and Other Types of Income
- Access Tax Information Form 1099G English | Spanish
- View Detailed Payment Information
- Manage Your Personal Profile
- All UI Online Videos
Resources and Publications
- UI Online FAQs
- How to Set Up a UI Online Account (DE 2338H)
- UI Online User Guide (DE 2338G) - New!
- UI Online Questions and Contact Information
- UI Online Fact Sheet (DE 8714H)
- Employment Development Department (EDD) Customer Account Number (Sample) (DE 5614)
- UI Online Poster (DE 2338P)
- UI Online Flyer (DE 2338F)
- UI Online Marketing Flyer (DE 5614F)
- UI Online Bookmark (DE 2338B)