Important Change to How You Access UI Online
Starting October 16, 2017, to access UI Online you will need to complete a one-time registration for Benefit Programs Online. To get started, returning UI Online users should select Use Existing Account from the Benefit Programs Online login page.
If you do not remember your UI Online username or email address, or are a new user, select Register.
UI OnlineSM is a fast, convenient, and secure way for Unemployment Insurance (UI) customers to access claim information, certify for benefits*, and manage their claims 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For added convenience, UI Online Mobile is available for smartphone and tablet users.
Log In or Register - Benefit Programs Online.
The Employment Development Department’s online benefit services, such as UI Online, are accessed through Benefit Programs Online. Select Benefit Programs Online below to log in or to register for access.
UI Online Features
- Certify for continued benefits and report work and wages.*
- Update contact information and set personal preferences.
- Reopen an existing claim.
- Receive important messages from the EDD such as when to certify or if your claim can be reopened.
- View all scheduled appointments and reschedule a phone interview.
- View, print, or request a copy of your Form 1099G tax information for up to the past five years.
- View detailed information for all processed payments.
*Customers on Partial or Work Sharing claims are unable to certify for benefits or reopen an existing claim using UI Online at this time.
- Benefit Programs Online Overview and Registration (YouTube)
- Benefit Programs Online Register Using an Existing Account (YouTube)
- UI Online Overview and Registration English | Cantonese | Mandarin | Spanish | Vietnamese
- Certify for Continued Benefits English | Cantonese | Mandarin | Spanish
- Certify for Continued Benefits with UI Online Mobile English | Cantonese | Mandarin | Spanish
- Reopen Your Claim English | Cantonese | Mandarin | Spanish
- Certify for Continued Benefits using UI Online English | Spanish
- Certify for Continued Benefits with UI Online Mobile English | Cantonese
- Report Wages and Earnings
- Report Entertainment Industry Earnings
- Report Self-Employment and Commissions
- Report Bonuses, Pensions, and Other Types of Income
- Access Tax Information Form 1099G English | Spanish
- View Detailed Payment Information
- Manage Your Personal Profile
- All UI Online Videos
Resources and Publications
- UI Online FAQs
- How to Set Up a UI Online Account (DE 2338H)
- UI Online User Guide (DE 2338G)
- UI Online Fact Sheet (DE 8714H)
- Employment Development Department (EDD) Customer Account Number (Sample) (DE 5614)
- UI Online Poster (DE 2338P)
- UI Online Flyer (DE 2338F)
- UI Online Marketing Flyer (DE 5614F)
- UI Online Bookmark (DE 2338B)