Types of Unemployment Insurance
Unemployment Insurance: For individuals who are currently unemployed, and may have been laid off through no fault of theirs.
Federal Civilian Employees and Ex-military Personnel: For Federal civilian employees and ex-military personnel who are required to provide additional documentation.
School Employees: For individuals who work or provide services for a public or private non-profit school employer. They can also be a school supportive employee.
Other Special Services:
- Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA): For workers who are laid off due to increased imports from any foreign country.
- Partial Claim: For employees whose employers want to retain them when there is a lack of work.
- Work Sharing Unemployment Insurance: For individuals whose wages and hours have been reduced. This program is considered a temporary and practical alternative to layoffs.
- Apply for UI or Reopen a UI Claim
- Certify for UI Benefits
- Access UI Payment Information
- Forms and Publications
- More Help for the Unemployed
Top Links This Month
- EDD Web-CertSM
- Ways to File
- UI Telephone Numbers
- Where is My Payment
- Managing Your UI Benefits
- Benefit Determination Guide