Total and Partial Unemployment TPU 325 - Fact Finding Guide
Odd-Job or Subsidiary Work
- What kind of work is the claimant doing?
- What were the arrangements when the claimant took the job? Is the job to be permanent or temporary? Are the hours of work specified by the employer?
- Is there any expectancy of continuing with this employer?
- Is the claimant self-employed?
- Is there a contract of hire? Does the employer have the right of control over the manner in which the claimant Performs the work?
- Is the claimant performing extra work in addition to his regular work?
- Is this extra work performed less than full time with compensation payable which is not XE?
- Is the claimant free to accept permanent full-time work? What happens to this extra job if the claimant obtains full-time work that interferes with the extra job?
- Is the claimant working on a voluntary basis without compensation? Is this what was agreed to at the time the claimant "as hired?" Is there any contract of hire?
- If the claimant is working on his own property, is he developing the property for profit?
- How much time does the claimant spend on the picket line?
- How much time is the claimant required to spend on the picket line by the union?
- How much is the claimant paid for walking the picket line? How much will he receive if he/she does not walk the picket line the required number of hours?
- Does the union pay "welfare" payments regardless of any services performed by the claimant?