Able and Available AA 235 - Fact Finding Guide
Health or Physical Condition
- Is the claimant filing for benefits while a medical condition exists that caused the individual to leave work? Is the condition stable, or has it improved or worsened since the quit?
- What is the claimant’s health or physical condition? How does this condition restrict the individual’s ability to work in his or her usual occupation?
- Does the claimant have good cause for the health restrictions(s)? (Has the medical condition been verified? How?)
- If good cause has been established for the restriction, does the claimant remain available to a substantial field of employment?
- If good is not established for the restriction, has the restriction materially reduced the claimant’s availability for work?
- What type of work is the claimant ready, willing, and able to seek, obtain, and perform?
- Will the claimant accept such work under prevailing conditions?
- Does such work exist with more than a minimal number of employers in the claimant’s labor market area?
- Is the claimant legally prohibited from performing work in the occupation due to his or her medical condition?
- Has the claimant worked with this health or physical condition under the same or similar circumstances in the past?
- If the illness or injury had occurred while the claimant was working, would the claimant have stayed home or continued to work despite the medical condition.